elderhalebanner

Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Merry Christmas!



Merry Christmas everyone!

We had the branch Christmas party on Wednesday and it was pretty sweet. I got all the kids together and I played piano as they sang Silent Night. Elder Tilltotson and I had a whistle solo. It was phenomenal.

We mostly just went house to house this week spreading the Christmas spirit. So many people have been complaining about how they just don't feel it this year so we have been fixing that(: Something really funny is how big the movie Home Alone is here. A member named sister Peters was talking about her grandson is just like Kevin. She went into details and stuff and Elder T. looked confused like "Who is Kevin?" I knew what she was talking about without her even mentioning the words Home Alone. And the same thing has happened with like three other people.. They will randomly say something like "Yea my kids love Kevin." or "We didn't watch Kevin this year yet..." It's so funny! I wanted to watch Kevin but the missionaries voted on watching Despicable me 2 for Christmas. So that's cool.

On Sunday hardly anyone came to church and I was asked to speak on the spot. So I simply talked about the birth and life of Jesus Christ. Normally I'd probably be a little irritated with such short notice because I don't have much confidence in my speaking abilities but this time I wanted to see if I could do it. Just see if I could go up there not really knowing what to say and pull it off. So I did and I spoke for about 15-20 minutes. And it went better then I could've hoped. So I was really happy about that.

Today we are going to watch a skype devotional from Trinidad, eat dinner at the Senior Couples, and then watch our movie. Tomorrow I can't wait to see you family! I hope I see you all there. Merry Christmas! I love you all.

Love,

Elder Hale




Brother Thakoor and I 

No comments:

Post a Comment