elderhalebanner

Monday, August 26, 2013

New Amsterdam: Week 6

Hello my good friends!

Well it's always a good week when there's a baptism! Amrita was super excited for it and she's shown a lot of desire. Her baptism went really well! The talks were amazing and you could really feel the spirit. Elder Parisot baptized her and I confirmed her at church on Sunday. 

This transfer already ended and we are both staying in New Amsterdam. The investigators I am excited about right now is Cassie and Carissa. They are teenage girls that came to church but they have been reading and praying about everything and they feel really good about it. They have a baptismal date for the 7th of September. 

I got a sweet alligator scripture case from this guy named Ricky. He makes anything out of alligator or anaconda. I'm thinking of designing a guitar strap and he's making me a wallet right now. 

Funny moment this week was Sunday in Priesthood class. We were with the teachers and deacons and we watched the Book of Mormon cartoon "The Conversion of Alma the Younger" at the end I turned around to see Chris a recent convert tearing up. When he saw everyone was looking at him he began to laugh and say "All yah have hearts of stone!" 

Well I'm excited to stay here at least another couple transfers! I really do love Guyana! Have a great week!

Love, 

Elder Hale

cool


My custom design alligator scripture case :)

Amrita's Baptism 
Baptize!

No comments:

Post a Comment