elderhalebanner

Monday, March 11, 2013

Last week in Siparia

Good day everyone! It was indeed my last week in Siparia. I am being transferred back up north to a place called Curepe. It rhymes with "Europe" fyi. It is by the mission home and mission office. It is a very strong ward with lots of great members so I hear. There will be 8 missionaries in this area now! They have split the sisters area and given us the portion they couldn't reach. It sounds like there is a great opportunity for success there. Plus it's got pricemart which is like Costco and they have a really nice mall. It's nothing like my last two areas. So I'm pretty excited. My companion is Elder Reyes a phillipino from Australia. We are actually blanking the area meaning none of us have been there before. So they got us a new apartment and stuff. I can't wait! My comp is staying in the Siparia and was not too happy about it.
 
I forgot to mention I ate something called manicoo. I'm just spelling it like it sounds. But it is possum. And suprisingly it tasted really good. But it looks kinda nasty.
 
This week we gave Ms. Koylass a Doctrine and Covenants and Pearl of Great Price cause it will open her eyes even more. She really is enjoying all the lessons. The only problem is she loves to talk and talk and talk. So it's real difficult to stay on topic. The branch is starting to do good though everyone is finally getting involved. We got a couple more people to take us out teaching and stuff. We got the most member lessons I have gotten in this area this week. So I feel good about what I have been able to accomplish here. It wasn't great in numbers like baptisms etc.. But I feel we put out a burning building and reconstructed a lot of it. I am getting a lot of meal appoinments now that I am leaving. I am gonna miss a lot of people here. Church this week was great because President and Sister Mehr came to speak. President Mehr really knows what struggling branches need to hear. He always delivers inspiring talks on the perfect topics. We had a few less actives come that we have been visiting. One named Ousha had not been to church in at least 6 months. She had a really good time. I was really proud of her for making that step.
 
Well that's week 7! Have a great week!
 
Love, Elder Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment