elderhalebanner

Monday, February 25, 2013

fantastic progress

Hello family and friends! This week was fantastic for the progress of our investigators. But to get the bad news out first no one was able to come to church. We have a baptismal date for investigators Maria and Shaun. Maria has very nice kids and an unfaithful husband. She is very nice but at first we were not seeing too much progress because we only saw her once a week. But we got President Nandlal out teaching with us and we found out that she has really felt the spirit from the lessons. And then when we came back a couple days later she had kept her reading committment and really enjoyed it. I love seeing the difference these things can make in someone's countenance. I know Alma asks us "Have you have received his image in your countenance?" I know more then ever that that is a real thing. Shaun is a very cool guy. His beliefs were already very similar to the plan of salvation and the lesson helped him with many questions he has. Getting people to church is the wall that is keeping us from baptisms.
 
We also saw great progress with Ms. Koylass. She is always talking about her anscestors and the Book of Mormon answered questions she had about them. She is indian blood.  So we talked about temple work and that really sparked her interest. We invited her to be baptized and she said she will have to think about it. But once she comes around she will be baptized soon because she has already come to church a few times.
 
My email from President Mehr today makes me believe I will be moving on to another area. My comp is really burnt out on this area and he has not been here as long. I think he might be trying to work something out so neither of will have to stay here. In a way it is what I want but I also want to see my investigators make it to the font. But it doesn't really matter as long as they make it. This transfer is 7 weeks and today is the start of week 6. So not too much longer. Here comes the flood of new missionaries.
 
Have a great week!
 
Love, Elder Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment