elderhalebanner

Monday, February 18, 2013

Koylass

Hey everyone! Not much has happened since we talked last. Things are going well with investigators Mrs Koylass has received her witness that the Book of Mormon is true and that therefore Joseph Smith was a prophet. She asked us how she can become a member and stuff. That really surprised us! We thought our roadblock was going to be inviting her to be baptized. We showed her the baptismal interview questions and she has agreed with it all she just needs to read something from Thomas s. Monson to know about him.
I'm not sure what is going to happen to me this transfer. I have been here for a while so it's very possible they will move me. The branch is struggling so Pres. Mehr is coming up with some ideas to help it. All the missionaries will be flooding in next transfer and he has to find room for all of them. All I know is there will probably be a lot of change happening here. 

On Sunday we had the opportunity to make a meal for Bro Samuels in the branch. He gets like one meal a day from this sandwitch place but on Sundays he relies on the people of the church to give him something. He is about 60 and he has some kind of mental condition where he can't work. But we brought him a tub of spaghetti and before I could give him a fork he just shoved his face in and started eating. haha. Poor guy must have been starving. But he loved it. 

I gave a talk on tithing in the Penal church. I like giving talks cause I always learn a lot. We took Andrew Baptiste out teaching with us. He is a 14 year old goof ball but he loves coming with us. He dresses up and stuff cause he wants to be a recognized as a missionary. haha. It was funny someone asked him to say a prayer in our lesson and he prayed that they would come to church and get baptized. It was funny. But I am having a great time with the people here the families are a lot of fun. 

Well that's all for this week. I love you guys!

Love, Elder Hale

No comments:

Post a Comment