elderhalebanner

Monday, January 21, 2013

Staying in Siparia

Hey folks! This week was one of the hardest weeks for me. Many investigators are ducking us. Ducking is the Trinidad word for avoiding. We had a great teaching pool but it has quickly diminished. We went to go see the Lawrence family and as we were riding up I saw the Grandmother Beene on the porch. When she saw us she quickly ran inside and shut the door! So we just turned around and left. I'm not going to force anyone to hear the beautiful message of the Gospel. People would be lining up to hear it if they truly knew what we have to offer. But I read through the section patience in Preach my Gospel and came across a scripture in Alma 26:27. The Lord tells the Sons of Mosiah that as long as they are patient in their afflictions they will have success. That is my test right now.
We did have some success this week though. We found a couple people who are very interested. And Casim is continuing to progress. We visit him about 4 to 5 times a week and he loves it. We also had stake conference and Russel M. Nelson spoke. It was awesome to see them speaking directly to the Caribbean. He showed 7 scriptures in the Book of Mormon where the Lord says he remembers those in the isles of the sea. He also said that the promised gathering of Israel would not take place without the Book of Mormon convincing evidence of the restoration. I love hearing the leaders of the church speak. It really helped lift my spirit with the hard week and all.
Oh yes and we got our transfer calls and we are both staying in Siparia. This transfer is going to be a 7 week transfer instead of 6. So I'm hoping that I will be able to have some success with all the time that I have here.

No comments:

Post a Comment