elderhalebanner

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

MTC: Week 2

Hey everyone Im doin great! This week flew by for me compared to the first week. I got my flight plans and I'm leaving monday at 6am to Dallas, Miami, then Trinidad! Mom and Dad I'll be in Miami at 6pm so I don't know what time that is for you but that's when I'm calling. Aw just 6 more days and I'll be on the islands!

So overall the mtc experience has been good. Everyday gets a little better. Elder Casey, my companion, is from Pleasant View Utah. Our teaching gets better every time we teach. They have us teaching 2-3 investigators everyday. They could be members, but some are real investigators. I have gotten a lot more scripture savvy lately. I can always find at least one scripture that applies to the investigators needs. I was always afraid that in these 45 minute lessons I would stop having stuff to say, but we actually always go over time. We have so far gotten two investigators to committ to baptism. (They were our teachers) But they actually don't go easy on us!

I only get 30 minutes to write these emails so sorry I can't get everything in. But for a funny story... Today we were talking to these elders while we were walking and I totally ran into a pole! Everyone thought I was faking it but I totally split my eye open. So I went back to the room and slept off the pain. Also I am not allowed to send pictures here or else I would have told more stories. So when I get out to the West Indies I'll send all the pics from the mtc.

It's true what they say how missionaries get way excited for letters. At first I didn't care. But now there is so much anticipation walking to the mailbox. One elder was not getting any letters at all. So he decided every time that happens he has to bite a random person. I have a video of it. haha. Well I know I'm probably leaving you with a lot of unanswered questions but I promise I will have more time to write next week in the field! Love you guys.

Love, 

Skyler

No comments:

Post a Comment